UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Young Stitchers Sew a Dungaree Dress
This class is for children aged 11 – 16.
The Cleo dress is an on-trend dungaree/pinafore dress with either buckles or buttons on the straps and two length options and is a great first dressmaking project to get started on a handmade wardrobe. Students will need to have used a sewing machine before, if they haven’t then please check out our Sewing Bee Club first.
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire. You’ll get to use our brand new digital Janome sewing machines and class sizes are capped at six to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need.
You will learn
- Measuring yourself and choosing the correct pattern size
- Understanding a sewing pattern
- Cutting out your pattern & fabric accurately
- Sewing and finishing seams
- Perfecting top stitching for a professional finish
- Adding patch pockets
- Button holes or attaching buckles and jeans buttons depending on whether you’d like a pinafore or dungaree style dress
- How to hem your dress
YOU NEED TO BRING
- 1.5m of medium to heavy weight fabric (min 145cm wide). We suggest 10oz denim, corduroy, canvas or even furnishing weight fabric – you want something that will hold its shape. If you aren’t sure, please contact us.
- 0.5m fusible interfacing (you can purchase this on the day or online here)
- Matching thread – we provide a wide choice of coloured threads to use during the class but if there is a specific colour match or top-stitching colour you would like, we recommend bringing your own
- Dungaree buckles & jean buttons (you can purchase these on the day or online) OR 2 buttons of your choice.
- Students will need to bring a packed lunch, and any snacks (there’ll be an AM & PM break plus lunch).
WHAT IS INCLUDED
The class includes expert instruction, use of the Janome machines, tools, threads etc, your own copy of the Cleo pattern so you can make again at home plus refreshments.
More questions? Take a look at our Class FAQs, these also cover our Class Cancellation Policy.