UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Tilly & The Buttons Rosa Sewing Pattern
Rosa has a flattering semi-fitted shape thanks to gently curved princess seams on both front and back. Our favourite feature is the pointed back yoke, which looks stunning highlighted with decorative topstitching or piping.
You’ll learn to construct a two-piece collar and stand, with a separate button stand facing so you can make a feature out of contrast fabric. The three-quarter length roll-up sleeves are held up with narrow button tabs. It’s finished with mock felled seams, a gently curved dipped hem, and optional pointed pockets.
Wear your Rosa dress for work or play, and let the compliments come flooding in…”You made that yourself?!”
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Rosa includes easy-to-follow instructions with photos showing you how to sew each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium- and light-weight woven fabrics, such as cotton lawn, chambray, lighter weight denim, fine needlecord, double gauze, linen blends, viscose (rayon), shirting cotton.
- Fabric – Shirt: All Sizes – 2m (2 1/4 yds) x 150cm wide / 2.6m (2 7/8 yd) x 115cm wide
Shirt Dress: Sizes 1-4 – 2.2m (2 3/8 yds) x 150cm wide / 3.1m (3 3/8 yds) x 115cm wide
Shirt Dress: Sizes 5-8 – 2.6m (2 7/8 yds) x 150cm wide / 3.1m (3 3/8 yds) x 115cm wide
- Matching thread
- 10–13mm (3/8–1/2in) buttons x 10 (for shirt) or x 12 (for shirt dress)
- Iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Optional: 2 spools of contrast topstitching weight thread and topstitching/embroidery needle for your machine
- Sewing machine and tools, incl buttonhole foot