UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Shirt Sewing Masterclass
People can often be put off from sewing shirts as the techniques involved can feel daunting. Don’t be scared of shirt making any longer – our masterclass will teach you all the skills and techniques you need to know!
This class covers the key elements of sewing a shirt including collars, button plackets, sleeves and cuffs. As this class focuses on the key elements of shirt making, you probably won’t complete a whole shirt in the class, however you will complete the all techniques you need to be able to finish the rest at home.
The class includes a choice of 4 shirt patterns; Tilly & The Buttons Rosa Shirt, Grainline Archer Shirt, Leisl & Co Classic Shirt or the Cashmerette Harrison Shirt. Please let us know in the notes when booking this class which pattern you’d like to use and we can arrange for it to be posted to you or you can collect from the shop. You’ll need to cut your pattern and fabric out prior to the class to ensure you maximise the learning time you have on the day.
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire.
YOU WILL LEARN
- Making a collar and collar stand
- Attaching a collar and collar stand to your shirt
- Creating a button placket.
- Inserting sleeves
- Creating a sleeve cuff
The class includes expert instruction, use of the Janome machines, tools, threads etc, a copy of your chosen shirt pattern plus tea, coffee and biscuits!
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Your pattern will be sent to you in advance of the class, you will need to cut your fabric and pattern in advance of the class and bring the pattern pieces with you. Great fabrics for shirts include cotton poplin, cotton lawn, lightweight denim and brushed cotton. The amount you’ll require will depend on the shirt pattern you choose. (If you aren’t sure, please contact us)
- Matching thread – we provide a wide choice of coloured threads to use during the class but if there is a specific colour match or top-stitching colour you would like, we recommend bringing your own
More questions? Take a look at our Class FAQs, these also cover our Class Cancellation Policy.