UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Shirt Sewing Masterclass
People can often be put off from sewing shirts as the techniques involved can feel daunting. Don’t be scared of shirt making any longer – our masterclass will teach you all the skills and techniques you need to know!
This class covers the key elements of sewing a shirt including collars, button plackets, sleeves and cuffs. As this class focuses on the key elements of shirt making, you probably won’t complete a whole shirt in the class, however you will complete the all techniques you need to be able to finish the rest at home.
The class uses the popular Closet Case Kalle Shirt pattern, with a loose, body skimming silhouette and a number of interchangeable features, the Kalle Shirt & Shirtdress is the ultimate in chic, easy dressing.
View A is cropped with a wide faced hem, View B is a tunic length shirt inspired by classic men’s oxfords, and View C is a stylish shirtdress with a high-low hem. All versions feature a subtly curved yoke, kimono sleeves with arm cuffs, and a dramatically shaped hem. If View A is more cropped than you’d prefer, it’s very simple to lengthen.
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire.
YOU WILL LEARN
- Making a collar and collar stand
- Attaching a collar and collar stand to your shirt
- Creating a button placket.
- Sewing a shirt yoke
- Creating a sleeve cuff
The class includes expert instruction, use of the Janome machines, tools, threads etc, a copy of your shirt pattern plus tea, coffee and biscuits!
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Your pattern will be sent to you in advance of the class, you will need to cut your fabric and pattern in advance of the class and bring the pattern pieces with you. Great fabrics for shirts include cotton poplin, cotton lawn, lightweight denim and brushed cotton. The amount you’ll require will depend on your size you choose. (If you aren’t sure which size to choose, please contact us).
- Matching thread – we provide a wide choice of coloured threads to use during the class but if there is a specific colour match or top-stitching colour you would like, we recommend bringing your own
More questions? Take a look at our Class FAQs, these also cover our Class Cancellation Policy.