UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Sewing Machine 101 – Complete Beginners
Have you always wanted to learn to sew but don’t know where to start? Have you got a sewing machine languishing unloved because you don’t know how to use it? Our Sewing Machine 101 class for complete beginners will help you get to grips with a sewing machine and you’ll then get to put your new skills to use sewing up a simple envelope cushion. You’ll leave feeling confident with how to use a sewing machine, with your stitch sampler and handout with written instructions on using a sewing machine and how to sew another cushion, ready to tackle your next project!
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire. Students get to use our brand new digital Janome sewing machines and class sizes are capped at eight to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need.
YOU WILL LEARN
- The different parts of the sewing machine
- Setting your machine up, including winding a bobbin, threading your machine, choosing your needle
- Choosing stitch length and type
- Sewing straight lines and tips for sewing round curves and corners
YOU NEED TO BRING
- A piece of fabric a minimum of 45cm x 112cm for your cushion – light to medium weight cotton or furnishing fabric is ideal. We sell a range of fabric in the shop and you’re welcome to Contact Us if you’re not sure.
The class includes expert instruction, use of the Janome machines, tools, threads etc, printed handouts, plus tea, coffee and biscuits!
More questions? Take a look at our Class FAQs, these also cover our Class Cancellation Policy.