UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Sew & Fit Ultimate Trousers Class
We all know how daunting sewing trousers can be, but fear not, we have the perfect class for you!
On our Sew & Fit Ultimate Trousers Class, you will learn how to adjust a trouser pattern to fit you and your shape.
You’ll start by trying on one our studio toiles’ (that’s right, we’ve sewn up a sample in every size for you to try before sewing!) After a fit check with our expert teacher and making any necessary adjustments which can then be transferred back to your pattern pieces, you’ll then sew up your final pair and leave feeling like a sewing ninja!
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire. Students get to use our brand new digital Janome sewing machines and class sizes are capped at eight to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need.
Please note we are a Covid-19 Secure Further Education venue and have implemented all government guidelines. Please see our FAQ’s page for further information.
You will learn
- Measuring yourself and choosing the correct pattern size
- Understanding a sewing pattern
- Cutting out your pattern & fabric accurately
- Adjusting a pattern to fit
- Sewing and finishing seams, with the option to use an overlocker for a professional finish
- Inserting an invisible zip
The class includes expert instruction, use of the Janome machines, tools, threads etc, a copy of the trouser pattern so you can make them again at home plus tea, coffee and cake! The class is capped at seven to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need.
YOU NEED TO BRING
- You’ll need 2m of fabric for your final pair; we would recommend triple crepe, stretch cotton, lightweight stretch denim, stretch corduroy or other medium weight woven fabric with some stretch (If you aren’t sure, please contact us). Your fabric should have approx 3% stretch.
- 9” Concealed Zip
- Matching thread – we provide a wide choice of coloured threads to use during the class but if there is a specific colour match or top-stitching colour you would like, we recommend bringing your own
This pattern is sized for a UK 8 – 20. Please check your waist measurement falls between the pattern sizing of 28” – 38” and hip measurement between 34” – 48”. Please contact us prior to booking if your measurements fall outside these, so we can arrange to grade the pattern for you.
Please note, depending on your sewing ability and speed, you may not leave the class with a completely finished pair of trousers, but we will ensure your pattern has been updated with relevant changes and you’ll know exactly how to put the finishing touches to your trousers at home.
Our classes are non-refundable so please make sure you’ve checked your diary carefully and read our Class FAQs before booking. These also cover lots of other questions so please do read them!
Please note you’ll receive a confirmation email upon booking and you’ll also receive a reminder email the week before your class. If you don’t receive these, please check your junk/spam folder.