UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Beginners Jersey Dress in Day
Our Beginners Jersey Dress class is a great introduction to sewing with jersey and stretch fabrics on a sewing machine. The Coco dress is a year-round staple that’s so easy to wear. Coco makes a great Spring dress, autumn funnel neck or cosy winter dress. The classic style features a boat neckline, choice of top or dress lengths, three quarter length or long sleeves, with side splits at the hips on the top version. Make it your own with optional sixties funnel roll neck, rolled cuffs and patch pockets.
“Loved the class on sewing jersey fabric. Great tips and came away with a beautiful dress too!”
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire. You’ll get to use our brand new digital Janome sewing machines and class sizes are capped at six to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need.
Please note we are a Covid-19 Secure Further Education venue and have implemented all government guidelines. Please see our FAQ’s page for further information.
You will learn
- Measuring yourself and choosing the correct pattern size
- Understanding a sewing pattern
- Cutting out your pattern & fabric accurately
- Using a walking foot
- Sewing and finishing jersey seams on a sewing machine
- Finishing a neckline, or adding a funnel neck
- Adding optional sleeve cuffs
- Using a double needle to finish your hem, neckline and sleeves
The class includes expert instruction, use of our Janome machines, tools, threads etc, a copy of the Coco dress pattern so you can make again at home plus tea, coffee and cake!
YOU NEED TO BRING
- 2.3m of 150cm wide, or 3m of 115cm wide knit fabric. We suggest jersey, or ponte fabric (If you aren’t sure, please contact us)
- Matching thread – we provide a wide choice of coloured threads to use during the class but if there is a specific colour match or top-stitching colour you would like, we recommend bringing your own
You need to know how to use a sewing machine but don’t need to have done any dressmaking. You can complete our Introduction to Sewing for complete beginners class or be of an equivalent experience level.
The Coco pattern is UK 8 – 20, you can see the body measurements in the photo gallery. If you fall outside of these measurements please contact us prior to booking as we may be able to grade the pattern for you.
Our classes are non-refundable so please make sure you’ve checked your diary carefully and read our Class FAQs before booking. These also cover lots of other questions so please do read them!
Please note you’ll receive a confirmation email upon booking and you’ll also receive a reminder email the week before your class. If you don’t receive these, please check your junk/spam folder.