Overlockers can seem terrifying but we promise they’re not! Once you’ve got to grips with an overlocker, we find most people never want to be without one. This is a great class for people who have an overlocker and want to get the best out of it, or those trying to decide whether to invest in one.
This one day class covers lots of tips and techniques for overlocking and working with stretch fabrics.
We have two different types of overlockers (4 machines) which you can use, or if you have an overlocker of your own you are welcome to bring it and we’ll help you get to grips with it.*
The first part of the class will focus on getting to grips with your overlocker and during the second part you’ll sew up a simple t-shirt using the overlocker.
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire.
YOU WILL LEARN
- Threading and rethreading the overlocker
- Understanding the different parts of the overlocker
- Finishing seams
- Sewing with the overlocker
- Rolled Hems
The class includes expert instruction, use of the machines, tools, threads etc, a copy of the t-shirt pattern plus tea, coffee and biscuits!
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- 1.5m of light to medium weight jersey/knit fabric (If you aren’t sure, please contact us)
- Intermediate – You’ll be comfortable with a sewing machine and have made a few dressmaking projects already. This class is not suitable for beginners. You can see our other classes here.
*Please note, if you wish to bring your own overlocker it must be in good working order, with the correct power cable and instruction manual. You’ll also need 4 cones of overlocking thread. Our classes are held upstairs, so you will need to be happy carrying your overlocker from the car park and up one flight of stairs. Please let us know in the note section at checkout.
More questions? Take a look at our Class FAQs, these also cover our Class Cancellation Policy.