UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Sew A Sweatshirt Class
Sew yourself a cosy Linden Sweatshirt! A great introduction to sewing with stretch fabrics such a jersey, ponte or sweatshirting.
The Linden Sweatshirt gives a modern update to the classic sweatshirt. Featuring a relaxed fit, raglan sleeves, and a graceful slightly scooped neckline, this sweatshirt is perfect for fall layering. View A features long sleeves with cuffs and falls to the mid hip with a lower ribbing band while View B hits at the high hip and has short sleeves. You can also mix and match sleeve and body lengths to create multiple versions of this sweatshirt.
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire. You’ll get to use our brand new digital Janome sewing machines and class sizes are capped at five to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need.
You will learn
- Measuring yourself and choosing the correct pattern size
- Understanding a sewing pattern
- Cutting out your pattern & fabric accurately
- Tips on sewing with knits
- Sewing and finishing seams, with the option to use an overlocker for a professional finish
- How to add a neckband
- Adding cuffs and ribbing OR using a double needle to finish your hem and sleeves
The class includes expert instruction, use of the Janome machines, tools, threads etc, Linden sweatshirt pattern so you can make again at home plus tea, coffee and cake!
What you need to bring
- 1.5m – 1.75m (depending on your pattern size) of jersey, ponte or sweatshirting fabric with at least 20% stretch (If you aren’t sure, please contact us) 0.25m of contrasting ribbing or fabric for cuffs, hem & neckband. If you don’t want to do a contrasting version you do not need this.
- Matching thread – we provide a wide choice of coloured threads to use during the class but if there is a specific colour match or top-stitching colour you would like, we recommend bringing your own
The Linden pattern is fits bust 32″ – 44″ & hip 35″ – 47″. If you fall outside of these measurements please contact us prior to booking as we may be able to grade the pattern for you.
More questions? Take a look at our Class FAQs, these also cover our Class Cancellation Policy.