UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Sew A Sweatshirt Class (with optional Christmas twist!)
Sew yourself a cosy sweatshirt! A great introduction to sewing with stretch fabrics such a jersey, ponte or sweatshirting.
Sew a long-sleeve cosy sweatshirt with raglan sleeves, cuffs, hem band and get to grips with sewing stretch fabrics on a sewing machine with the option to use an overlocker for a professional finish.
As this class is quite close to Christmas, why not make your own Christmas jumper? Either choose festive fabric for your sweater or use some of our pre-cut festive vinyls so that you can create your own design!
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire. Students get to use our brand new digital Janome sewing machines and class sizes are capped to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need.
You will learn
- Measuring yourself and choosing the correct pattern size
- Understanding a sewing pattern
- Cutting out your pattern & fabric accurately
- Tips on sewing with knits
- Sewing and finishing seams
- How to add a neckband
- Adding cuffs
The class includes expert instruction, use of the Janome machines, tools, threads etc, sweatshirt pattern so you can make again at home plus tea, coffee, cake and mince pies!
What you need to bring
- 1.5m – 1.75m (depending on your pattern size) of jersey, ponte or sweatshirting fabric with at least 20% stretch (If you aren’t sure, please contact us) 0.25m of contrasting ribbing or fabric for cuffs, hem & neckband. If you don’t want to do a contrasting version you do not need this.
- Matching thread – we provide a wide choice of coloured threads to use during the class but if there is a specific colour match or top-stitching colour you would like, we recommend bringing your own
The pattern fits bust 32″ – 44″ & hip 35″ – 47″. If you fall outside of these measurements please contact us prior to booking as we may be able to grade the pattern for you.
More questions? Take a look at our Class FAQs, these also cover our Class Cancellation Policy.