UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Sew the Arum Dress in a Day
The Arum Dress by Deer and Doe is a year-round staple that’s so easy to wear and a great introduction to Dressmaking. Wear Arum in the Winter with tights and boots, dress her up for a night out or wear her in Summer with flip-flops. This chic, elegant shift dress is so versatile you’ll reach for it time and time again.
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire. You’ll get to use our brand new digital Janome sewing machines and class sizes are capped at six to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need.
Please note we are a Covid-19 Secure Further Education venue and have implemented all government guidelines. Please see our FAQ’s page for further information.
You will learn
- Measuring yourself and choosing the correct pattern size
- Understanding a sewing pattern
- Cutting out your pattern & fabric accurately
- Working with drapey fabric
- Making princess seams
- Sewing Dolman Sleeves
- Adding a facing
- Sewing optional patch pocket
The class includes expert instruction, use of the Janome machines, tools, threads etc, your own copy of the Arum pattern so you can make again at home plus tea, coffee and biscuits!
YOU NEED TO BRING
- 2.5m of light to medium-weight fabric with drape. We suggest brushed cotton, cotton lawn, viscose, crepe – no stretch fabrics (If you aren’t sure, please contact us)
- 0.25m fusible interfacing (you can purchase this on the day or online here)
- Matching thread – we provide a wide choice of coloured threads to use during the class but if there is a specific colour match or top-stitching colour you would like, we recommend bringing your own
- The dress pattern includes UK 6 – 18. If you might fall outside of these measurements please contact us prior to booking as we may be able to grade the pattern for you.
Our classes are non-refundable so please make sure you’ve checked your diary carefully and read our Class FAQs before booking. These also cover lots of other questions so please do read them!
Please note you’ll receive a confirmation email upon booking and you’ll also receive a reminder email the week before your class. If you don’t receive these, please check your junk/spam folder.