UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Learn to Sew a Dungaree Dress
Our Learn to Sew a Dugaree/Pinafore Dress class for dressmaking beginners is the perfect class for people who want to start sewing their own clothes but don’t know where to start. The Cleo dress is an on-trend dungaree/pinafore dress with either buckles or buttons on the straps and two length options and is a great first project to get you started on your handmade wardrobe.
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire. You’ll get to use our brand new digital Janome sewing machines and class sizes are capped at five to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need.
You will learn
- Measuring yourself and choosing the correct pattern size
- Understanding a sewing pattern
- Cutting out your pattern & fabric accurately
- Sewing and finishing seams
- Perfecting top stitching for a professional finish
- Adding patch pockets
- Button holes or attaching buckles and jeans buttons depending on whether you’d like a pinafore or dungaree style dress
- How to hem your dress
What you need to bring
- 1.3m – 1.9m of medium to heavy weight fabric. We suggest 10oz denim, corduroy, canvas or even furnishing weight fabric – you want something that will hold its shape. (Please check size chart in photo gallery for info on how much fabric to bring and fabric recommendations. If you aren’t sure, please contact us)
- 0.5m fusible interfacing (you can purchase this on the day or online here)
- Matching thread – we provide a wide choice of coloured threads to use during the class but if there is a specific colour match or top-stitching colour you would like, we recommend bringing your own
- Dungaree buckles & jean buttons (you can purchase these on the day) OR 2 buttons of your choice.
The class includes expert instruction, use of the Janome machines, tools, threads etc, your own copy of the Cleo pattern so you can make again at home plus tea, coffee and biscuits!
- The Cleo pattern is UK 6 – 20, you can see the body measurements in the photo gallery. If you fall outside of these measurements please contact us prior to booking as we may be able to grade the pattern for you.
More questions? Take a look at our Class FAQs, these also cover our Class Cancellation Policy.