UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Dress In A Day – You Choose The Pattern (Beginner & Intermediate Dressmaking)
A one day dressmaking class for those who have a particular pattern in mind, not covered in one of our other classes. Please contact us after booking to ensure your pattern choice is suitable for the class and student skill level. We can also help you choose a pattern if you can’t decide!
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire. You’ll get to use our brand new digital Janome sewing machines and class sizes are capped at six to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need.
Please note the complexity of your pattern, and your level of sewing experience may mean you might not complete your pattern in the one day class, but you will be given lots of tips and help to ensure you are comfortable completing your project at home.
You will learn
- Measuring yourself and choosing the correct pattern size
- Basic pattern adjustments, such as lengthening & shortening and grading between sizes
- Cutting out your pattern & fabric accurately
- Sewing darts (Pattern Dependent)
- Adding a facing (Pattern Dependent)
- Sewing pockets (Pattern Dependent)
- Finishing your seams
- Sewing an invisible zip (Pattern Dependent)
- How to hem your dress
The class includes expert instruction, use of the Janome machines, tools, threads etc, plus tea, coffee and cake!
What you need to bring
- Your chosen pattern
- Your fabric – please contact us prior to booking if you are not sure about the fabric requirements for your chosen pattern.
- Matching thread – we provide a wide choice of coloured threads to use during the class but if there is a specific colour match or top-stitching colour you would like, we recommend bringing your own
Please note, we will not be able to grade your chosen pattern up or down for you in this class, so you will need to ensure you fit within the pattern measurement. If you are unsure at all, then please contact us for guidance.
More questions? Take a look at our Class FAQs – these also include our Class Cancellation Policy.