UK Deliveryonly £2.50 Free UK Deliveryon orders over £60! Worldwide shipping also available
Dress In A Day – Beginners
A one day dressmaking class with a choice of three of our most popular beginner patterns; the Dungaree Dress, the Jersey Dress, or the Tunic Dress.
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire. You’ll get to use our brand new digital Janome sewing machines and class sizes are capped at six to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need. You’ll also get a copy of the pattern so you can make the dress again and again at home!
Please note the complexity of your pattern, and your level of sewing experience may mean you might not complete your pattern in the one day class, but you will be given lots of tips and help to ensure you are comfortable completing your project at home.
YOU WILL LEARN
- Measuring yourself and choosing the correct pattern size
- Cutting out your pattern & fabric accurately
- Sewing with stretch fabric (Pattern Dependent)
- Adding a facing (Pattern Dependent)
- Sewing pockets (Pattern Dependent)
- Finishing your seams
- Top Stitching
- Creating an elastic waist casing (Pattern Dependent)
- How to hem your dress
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Your fabric – please contact us prior to booking if you are not sure about the fabric requirements for your chosen pattern. Please let us know when booking which pattern you would like to make.
- Matching thread – we provide a wide choice of coloured threads to use during the class but if there is a specific colour match or top-stitching colour you would like, we recommend bringing your own
IMPORTANT: When booking please add your choice of dress to the Customer Note section at checkout!
Please note, we will not be able to grade your chosen pattern up or down for you in this class, so you will need to ensure you fit within the pattern measurements UK 8 – UK 20. If you are unsure at all, then please contact us for guidance.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
The class includes expert instruction, a copy of the pattern, use of the Janome machines, tools, threads etc, plus tea, coffee and cake!
More questions? Take a look at our Class FAQs – these also include our Class Cancellation Policy.