Freelance Dressmaking Sewing Tutors
We are increasing the range of classes on offer at our Wokingham studio and are looking for freelance sewing teachers to join the team.
Our customers are friendly and keen to learn, and our sewing studio has everything needed to run sewing and dressmaking classes. If you are a sewing tutor currently teaching, or looking to return to teaching, then please get in touch.
You will need to have strong experience in home sewing; including following sewing patterns, techniques and terminology and fitting for various body shapes.
You’ll have a confident, friendly teaching style and be used to teaching groups of 6-8 people, we like our students to learn lots and have fun whilst doing so!
We run classes during weekdays, evenings and weekends and are looking for tutors who have evenings and weekend availability as a priority.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a brief covering letter tell us why you’d like to teach at Sewisfaction. Please put Tutor Application in your email subject line.
Closing Date: Ongoing
Freelance Children’s Sewing Teachers
We love teaching the next generation of sewing lovers and are looking for experienced sewing teachers to help with our classes for children aged 8+.
You’ll need to be experienced in home sewing and comfortable with using a machine, teaching others to sew basic projects and comfortable with a group of up to eight 8-14 year olds. There will always be another member of staff with you to help with cutting, ironing and needle threading etc!
You will be friendly, approachable, calm and used to being around children. You may work with children already in a different capacity, and want to share your sewing skills or are already a sewing tutor.
Our Children’s classes & parties are 2 – 2.5 hours long and are run during school holidays, sometimes after school and some Sundays so we are looking for teachers with flexibility during those times.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief covering letter tell us why you’d like to teach at Sewisfaction. Please put Children’s Tutor Application in your email subject line.
Part-Time Marketing Assistant
We are looking for a Part-Time Marketing Assistant to join our friendly and busy team 1-2 days per week. Sewisfaction is a fun, growing company and 18 months into our journey we need someone proactive, creative and full of ideas to assist with our Marketing.
The role will involve;
- Writing & editing blog posts and social media content.
- Writing product descriptions and editing product photos.
- Creating and sending regular newsletter updates.
- Collating customer feedback and reporting your findings.
- Writing & sending press releases.
- Building relationships with advertising partners
- As we’re a small and evolving business there may be other administrative tasks we need your support with from time-to-time.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a desire to be part of helping a small business grow and succeed.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- A good understanding of Social Media including Instagram, YouTube & Facebook.
- The ability to write interesting, engaging copy for a variety of channels.
- Great interpersonal skills.
Desirable Skills (Can be taught for the right applicant)
- Experience with WordPress sites, posting and editing content.
- Experience with MailChimp for creating newsletters.
- Photoshop & Illustrator
- Video editing
This role will be 8 – 12 hours per week on either a Freelance or PAYE basis to be agreed. Our shop & studio are in Wokingham, Berkshire and the right candidate could work remotely although you’ll need to come to the studio once every 3/4 weeks. If you’d prefer to work in the studio every week, we’d make you very welcome!
We’re happy to receive applications from people returning to work in this field, those who are currently studying at university (internship) or have recently graduated or a freelance professional.
£8-10 per hour depending on experience. You will need to use your own laptop. For PAYE candidates the role will be on a 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility of becoming a permanent role.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a brief covering letter telling us why you think you’d be right for the role. Please put Marketing Assistant Application in your email subject line.